Updated: Feb 18, 2020
Gluten Free Dairy Free Whole 30 Paleo Low Carb
Taking chicken soup to another level. Embracing all of its ability to be healing, hormone balancing, and delicious. Give this version a try and nurture your body.
There are affiliate links in this post. Read my disclosure policy to learn more.
Prep time 10-20 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
6 cups organic chicken bone broth or stock
2 lbs pasture raised chicken, cooked and shredded
2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets, in bite sized pieces
2 cups fresh or frozen cauliflower florets, in bite sized pieces
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped carrots
5 cloves garlic
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp pink salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Get a large pot and add broth. Place chicken in broth and cook covered on medium to medium high heat. When cooked through, remove chicken and place on plate.
2. Add broccoli, cauliflower, celery, and carrots to pot. Cover and continue to cook over medium heat.
3. Remove skin from garlic and smash, then leave sit for about 10 minutes. This allows the medicinal properties of garlic to develop before heating it and stopping the progression.
4. Shred chicken and return to pot. Add garlic and rest of seasonings.
5. Cook till vegetables are softened, approximately 10 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.
Hey, I love Butcher Box and I think you will too! They deliver 100% grass-fed beef, organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door with free shipping. Not ordering here would be a missed steak! I’m giving you $30 off your first box!